Thursday 5 November 2015

Rising - Poem


I lay down my head to go to sleep
and all the secrets my heart keeps
floated up in to my head
causing me to think instead.

First came joys that I have felt
then pain with which I haven't dealt
I faced the wrongs that I made right
then the ones I hide from sight.
the ones that cause the greatest pain
the ones I hide from guilt and shame.

The sheets grew wet with falling tears
for all the scars that my soul bears
then in the deepest darkest hour
gratitude, with all her power
showed me all the lessons learned
showed me all the badges earned.

By the time the day had come
I accepted those few some
regrets that I will carry 'round
as burdens that I can't lay down.

I blinked against the ended night
my heart and mind had both grown light
like the dark, my work was done
my heart re-packed before the sun
had finished lighting up the sky.
At least today if I should die
I'd do it with a whole-ish heart
for falling down is only part
of
Rising.


- Vera



No comments:

Post a Comment