Thursday 14 January 2016

Handful of Ashes

Love burns.
Day by day as it's fire grows
love burns away life's 
disappointments, bitterness, failures,
pain, shame.
Burns away
the
torturous thoughts
of 
"should have", "could have"
and "if only's."
Like a fire which needs only
oxygen
to continue,
love devours stains
of self-doubt, smears of self-hatred,
memories of self-denial
leaving the canvas of my soul
prepped with
hope,
leaden with the buds
of all the dreams my life is
capable
of fulfilling.
In the 
glory
of Love's fire
I watch my self burn,
fully give my self over to
the powerful
cleansing.
As the refuse is spent,
flames die down and
emerge
clutching my bulging hands
over my unburdened heart,
grateful
for everything that has been
removed.
I walk to the highest hill
then stretch my arms high and 
wide
before dispersing my
handful of ashes
to the wind.

- Vera

No comments:

Post a Comment