Thursday 23 October 2014

In Four, Three, Two and One

I recently had a little meltdown. One caused by trying to do too much for too many people and not feeling as though I had time to catch my breath in between. Caused also by a series of new challenges that arose in many different aspects of my life.

People who know me, usually know when I am struggling. Not because I am forthcoming but because the complete opposite is true.  I get very quiet and as much as possible withdraw from everything and everyone. From my quiet space, I evaluate my options, emerging only when I firmly settle on a solution that feels comfortable and right.

Not everyone appreciates my need to withdraw or understands how I emerge renewed, determined and focussed. Some would prefer it if I talked to them or if I wanted input and support. I recognize and respect that as a completely valid method of dealing with life's challenges.  It's just not mine.

Rather than try to become what I am not or continue to frustrate and alienate, I decided to post a few phrases that are sometimes useful for reminding me that I don't have to do it alone.

Four:  How can I help? or What can I do? or my favourite What do you need?

Three: Take my hand, Let me help or, my favourite I am here. 

Two: I understand

One:  Wine?


No comments:

Post a Comment