Thursday 15 January 2015

Possibility - Poem

I held his heart
so closely that I could
feel it beat inside me.
I could taste the breath
he took into his lungs.

When he ate
my belly became full.
His laughter bubbled and
spilled from my lips
while moisture from his
tears clung to my lashes.

Now his sadness echoes
through my empty chest,
His hot despair rides the
current through my veins and
acid leaks from my eyes
masking my beauty
even from myself.

Still somehow the knowledge
that love's light lays in
our eyes and God's goodness
is embedded in the
very thought of our touch
penetrates the illusion.

My heart holds fast to the truth
and has no ears to hear differently
So I open my hands
and my hears in hopes that
he will feel
me beating inside  him.
That he will taste the hope
I breathe into my lungs
and that when I eat, he
will become full with possibility.

- Vera

No comments:

Post a Comment