Tuesday 2 August 2016

The M Word...



ME

I am from love.

I am from
yes you can and
to hell with him
from struggle
from strength
from independence
from red, white and blue.

I am from figure it out
from pick yourself up
from fresh air
from late nights of
hide and seek
of truth or dare
from scraped knees
from broken bones
from the time honoured understanding
that streetlights mean go home.

I am from fistfights
from penny candy
from words written on
borrowed pages
from long walks
from double dutch
from early morning basketball
from tents pitched in backyard grass, 
hidden by trees with bare limbs.

I am from commitment
from uncertainty
from bitterness
from disappointment
from broken dreams
from freedom
from cocoon
from flight.

I am from fortitude
from expectation
from perseverance
from fire
from ashes
from behind the lens.

I am from hope
from forgiveness
from light.

I am from Love

No comments:

Post a Comment