Tuesday 16 June 2020




ANGEL

The sky is blue the feather’s white
my angel stayed all through the night
she watched me cry, she heard my wails,
reminded me of Jesus’ nails.
I shook my fist, I ranted, raved
She said His love led to the grave.
It isn’t fair! I moaned and sighed
She said you’re right, for you He died
He took your sin He gave His life
and you are stuck on earthly strife?
Where is your hope for what’s to come?
Where do your help and strength come from?
Your lack of faith is so absurd
put on your helmet, shield and sword!
Even now He sent me here
so you would know He’s always near.
Cry and rave but in the end
you’ll bend your knee, begin again.
you’ll follow Him as close you can
you will repent, yield to his plan.
Let it go, your need for this
your joy, my child is found in His.
Delight the Lord… make Him smile
rest in His grace, abide a while
You’ll find that you will want to stay
He planned your life to be this way.
She took my hand, she dried my face
He died, she whispered in your place
His perfect life was used for you
Trust in Him and be renewed!
The sky is blue, the feather’s white
my angel stayed all through the night.



No comments:

Post a Comment