Monday 19 July 2021



Cross words

Beat me, shame me all you can
 I am the lion and the lamb
When I die you shall be free
 It is the man you kill in me
I never sinned, I never strayed
I will rise beyond the grave.
My father waits and He is pleased
that I have suffered your dis-ease 
You disbelieved that I am He
To your salvation holds the key.

Father? Forgive them one and all
On your merciful grace I call.
You were right, they all are lost
My precious blood will pay the cost
It will redeem them when it’s shed
The sacrificial lamb be bled
Father! Father! Bring me home
To sit beside you on your throne
Your will for me, it is complete
I die in glory not defeat.

My sheep? Your sins He’ll not condone
And so for them I have atoned
Come my child, sit at my feet
It’s in your need that we shall meet.
 I am your shepherd and the Light
 I will keep you through the night.
It is my blood that cleans your slate 
Young or old it’s not too late.
Tell me... whisper what you’ve done
I’ll lead you home my precious one
When you believe you are the host
for Father Son and Holy Ghost
I am the One, the Great I am 
I wait to love you all I can.

 

- Vera Patterson

No comments:

Post a Comment