Thursday 22 July 2021




 Prepared


From the sky and from the air

he watches me but I’m not scared.


My Father also watches on

as does His ever precious Son.

Eyes on me! He commands

I am the Shepherd and the Lamb

I am the way, the truth, the life

the evil one will bring you strife.


Know he’s there, be not afraid

it is for Me you have been made.

One life, one sky, One to be feared

one voice to raise, one God revered.

Your only hope, the Holy One

I’ll grant you life when life is done.


This one can only watch and tempt

In Me your soul can rest, repent

Eyes on me! He commands

I am the Shepherd and the Lamb

I will find you in the storm

from my hand you’ll not be torn.


I’ll wait for you with love and grace

resist the ways he tests your faith.

Turn to me, take my hand, 

heed my words, keep my commands.


The devil wants to steal your gaze

with eyes on Me you’ll not be fazed.

Just like these clouds that soon will pass

the life he offers will not last.


Look past my child, I wait above

to shower you with hope and love

Ignore this one who watches on

he’ll steal your soul and you’ll be gone


From the sky and from the air

he watches me but I’m prepared.




- Vera Patterson

No comments:

Post a Comment