Tuesday 20 July 2021


 
This is me at the beginning of each day
killing it!
Jumping high
OVERCOMING
every obstacle.

That back leg though...
It’s
Despair
self-pity
anger
pride.


Sometimes it clears
I land
jubilantly
sometimes it 
knocks,
trips me up
knocks me out
and I feel
blindsided

In this moment I remember as I approach
the hurdle -
jumping is up to
ME
but being airborne?
That is
GOD.

If I FOCUS on 
HIM
I clan clear the challenge.
If I FOCUS on
ME
well...
That back leg right?

If I take credit for clearing the
hurdle
stop to celebrate
MYSELF
momentum will carry me crashing
into the next
hurdle

If I remember
IT WAS GOD
and it will
NEED
to be Him again in
3.2 seconds
I am more likely
to jump and be jubilant
that
HE is a PROMISE KEEPER
who carries me
EVERY
time that 
I TRUST HIM

- Vera Patterson

No comments:

Post a Comment